Cablevision Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Living In Mercer County Forums » The Towns of Mercer County » Robbinsville » Township Discussions » Cablevision « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cablevision
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Is anyone having ongoing problems with Cablevision such as TV pixelation, modem going out therefore, internet & phone access not working? IT's been happening for weeks, and has been sporadic but increasingly more steady... one minute I have connectivity via modem, the next it completely goes out...

UWB
Username: Uwb

Post Number: 236
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

TV pixelation ever since I got the HD TV.
I don't have phone/internet but now I won't bother.

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 854
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I use to have those issues and it turned out I had an outdated Modem. They swapped it out and all cleared up.

More recently I've been having what I'll call 'software' issues. When I use the channel guide and try to access some functions (like change date), the software bounces me back out to the channel I was watching.

Cablevision
Unregistered User
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 09:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

For the most part the tv and internet always operate just fine and I've had it for years... my HD TV as well as the others w/ regular cable boxes are pixelating too.

Cablevision Listen Up
Unregistered User
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 01:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Do you mean problems other than the non-stop phone calls begging me to subscribe to their phone service, even after repeated requests for them to stop calling me?!

One huge gripe with Cablevision ... the lack of Fox 29 Philadelphia, and other Philly sports networks in Hi Def. Mercer county has always been a shared NY/Philly TV market, and Cablevision really needs to get their act together and stop assuming everyone here only follows NY sports.

The lack of HBO HD on Demand is also frustrating. Verizon includes it for their HBO on Demand subscribers, but it's nowhere to be found on Cablevision (even though Starz and Encore have HD selections available).

I also have the software issues RC talks of. I also get frequent "program not available" messages when trying to access on demand content that I subscribe to (HBO, Starz, etc).

beam me up
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I am not having these issues, but have had speed issues with the internet. During peak times, the speed can get real slow. They have a checker on the optimum site to see what speed your at connecting it. I had cablevision out to rewire the line, and a new modem, but it still get slow. An internet search of cablevision shows that I am not the only one.

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 855
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

They are definitely throttling back the throughput. They claim it has to do with multiple hookups in your home but if you disco everything except the modem and 1 pc, you can see that your speed still stinks.

As to channels, at least they do give you both NY and Philly stuff. With Dish you were forced to the Philly one based on your zipcode. I could not even get the NY stuff unless I wanted a second antenna on the house for 'local' programming.

DaveS
Username: Daves

Post Number: 121
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 08:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I can't wait till FIOS is available. Good bye Cablevision

Cablevision
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

The tech just left and apparently 60% of my connections inside the cable box in our basement. Not sure how that could have happened. There was some connection thingie on the back of the modem that was replaced as the connection eventually goes bad over time. We'll see if the problem is solved.

I thought of switching to Dish, but heard of many an issue with them too, as well as the lack of NY sports channels, which I'm not interested in, but hubby is. There was always a catch 22 with switching to Dish or remaining with Cablevision. For us, Cablevision is the lesser of two evils, but annoying nonetheless...

fios4me
Unregistered User
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 10:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Moved down here, previously had comcast. Going to cablevision was like taking a step back into the 90's. I could count the minutes between changing channels. I couldn't dump those antique boxes fast enough. Went to Fios and couldn't be happier.

Cablevision
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Unfortunately, Fios isn't available in my development...

lovinWTC
Username: Lovinwtc

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Not available in TownCenter yet.. I can't wait to drop cablevision

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration