Fund Raising Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Living In Mercer County Forums » The Towns of Mercer County » Robbinsville » Fund Raising « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

just pay it all
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 08:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

No matter how you feel about youth sports/organization fundraising at store entrances ( I'll just throw it out there that you are participating in the same behavior that a vagrant might employ to get the next bottle of liquor), it's something we deal with.

Could teams at least stick to fundraising at store fronts in their own town? Allentown cheerleaders has the Dunkin Donuts / Jim's Bagels storefronts covered this morning. On other occasions, hamilton softball at Bagels and Cream.

Curious
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 09:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Complain directly to the store owners and managers, not here. BTW you are right, I detest children who are over entitled begging for money and the parents that allow it should be ashamed of themselves.

But make the change where it counts not here.

Penny Can
Unregistered User
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2011 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Under just pay it's scenario, Robbinsville kids would have nowhere to beg. We don't exactly have alot of retail in this town. And I think that Bagel's and Cream may be in Hamilton.

just pay
Unregistered User
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2011 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

The break in the stores between Bagels & Cream and the other section holding Maninno's and Friendly's is the Hamilton / Robbinsville border. The section with Friendly's is in Hamilton. Bagels & Cream is in Robbinsville.

N234MM
Unregistered User
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2011 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I usually help out the athletes fundraising for their teams. I avoid the boy scouts. Also I don't appreciate when it's more the parents with the cans and the kids just sit there unenthusiastic.

Why?
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Why avoid boy scouts?

Enough already!
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

What bothers me is after paying a lot of money for my kids to be on a Recreation team, they expect us to buy or sell fundraising cards. This year for soccer it was Maggie Moo cards.

2 cents
Unregistered User
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 09:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

a few weeks ago a high school cheer team was bagging at shoprite for donations. That was a great idea! it sends a better message than begging with a can. It seems times have changed somewhat as some teams now let you buy out of pan handling for a 50 dollar fee. I gladly pay the 50 bucks, i feel funding my kids activities are my families responcibility. However, I would fully support bagging for donations.

R'villeInHamilton
Unregistered User
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 09:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Robbinsville's cheer team was at Hamilton Square Shop Rite on Tuesday bagging groceries. The first time in years that I donated because they were actually working for donations and not pan handling. Robbinsville & Allentown don't have any high traffic retail outlets, so it looks like they need Hamilton to support their kid's extra curriculars.

Add Your Message Here
Please leave the password field blank as there is no registration required. By posting you agree to follow the "Rules for Use" which can be found on the main forum menu. Enter a username, which can be you real name or a screen name. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration