Midnight Shopping Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Living In Mercer County Forums » The Towns of Mercer County » Robbinsville » Midnight Shopping « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

survey
Unregistered User
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2011 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving evening have had representatives quoted in the media saying there is a consumer demand for this.

Unscientific survey, anyone out there plan on going to a store at midnight?

Noway
Unregistered User
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2011 - 08:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

No, and to be honest, this has caused me to lose my enthusiasm for Bllack Friday. If I remember, isnt old navy opened on thanksgiving? My friend works retail and worked that shift last year. She said it was busy for an hour and then barely a person for hours.
I do not believe there is a demand. Most people seem annoyed by this.

They Know
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

They won't do it if there was no demand for this. They know what they are doing. It costs them money to be open!

2 cents
Unregistered User
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

my sons will be at best buy standing on line right after dinner.

survey
Unregistered User
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

too late, they are already camped out.

Neva...
Unregistered User
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

There isn't enought money in the world to make me wait and deal with the crowds...

Nomore4me
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

The deals are not even great. There may be some here or there but you can get deals throughout the season. It's just to say "I went out" because the majority of people are not getting any earth shattering deals. Black Friday has changed alot through the years.

selfish
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

It's disgusting that some of you encourage this. There are people with families who are made to work these holidays just so you can make a sport of it. And yes, they are forced to. I know workers who begged not to be put on and they still were. We've turned into a very selfish society.

Not Selfish
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 06:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Why should workers from retails outlets be exempt? Plenty of non essential people are required to work on Thanksgiving Day itself. Think about workers from restaurants, convenience stores, gas stations and supermarkets just to name a few. Then add in essential workers like nurses, doctors, firemen, policemen and military personnel. At least most of the retail workers were able to spend the majority of their day with family and friends.

By the way-I would never shop on Black Friday-I value my health and life. No sale is worth getting pepper sprayed, trampled or shot!

They Know
Unregistered User
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I didn't shop, but in the past I have worked in the retail industry. They get paid at least time and a half, if not more for holidays. It certainly will help these employees to make extra money in this economy. Or, they can do what I did, quit and go into something else with better hours.

Add Your Message Here
Please leave the password field blank as there is no registration required. By posting you agree to follow the "Rules for Use" which can be found on the main forum menu. Enter a username, which can be you real name or a screen name. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration