Crosswalk @ Poseiden Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Living In Mercer County Forums » The Towns of Mercer County » Robbinsville » Crosswalk @ Poseiden « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Safety
Unregistered User
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 09:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

2nd time I've seen it, folks crossing 526 without using the crosswalk to get to the "overflow lot". I wish people would think safety and use the cross walk, it is a dangerous situation when they are walking in front of cars who have just come through the light! Lets be safe people!

dfgh
Unregistered User
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 08:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Frogger game updated for the new generation only with live drunk humans.

Laughing
Unregistered User
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

That's funny, dfgh! I like your humor.

Safety
Unregistered User
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Last night, 7 pm, 3 more customers in dark clothing coats entered the roadway in front of the Kitchen and Bath store. Lucky for me I saw them.

I will be honest and say it really frustrated me when the big flashing sign was installed to say zero tolerance, pedestrians in cross walk have the right of way. Of course they do, but people need to be told to watch out for the OTHER pedestrians, those in the cross walk we have a better chance of seeing.

When someone is hit, I'll be sure to post the link here.

Bad Design
Unregistered User
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 04:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I see far more cars making illegal left turns off 526 into the lot behind Poseiden, than I do pedestrians crossing where they aren't supposed to. One night, not only did the idiot in front of me with "LE" (Law Enforcement) plates make the illegal left, but so did the car immediately behind me.

It's amazing how many drivers don't get the fact that a concrete curb designed to make an illegal left as difficult as possible is there for a reason.

I wish the county would look at putting a median strip on 526 at the intersestion of 33 to separate the opposing lanes up to the "new lot" across from Town Center. It would prevent illegal turns, and give pedestrians a safe place to stand if they don't make it all the way across before the light changes.

No Law enforcement
Unregistered User
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I guess if the "LE" themselves make the illegal turn, then that explains why they never give a ticket to all the other people who do it.

I nearly got rear-ended when I needed to stop suddenly when the car in front of my made the illegal left turn abruptly.

Fyi
Unregistered User
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

You don't need to be law enforcement to get LE plates

verde
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 05:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

A nice attractive concrete Jersey barrier would do the trick.

safety
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I did notice an officer sitting watching the scene last night. Hopefully some examples will be set, for the illegal turners or jaywalkers. I have seen a lot of the illegal left as well.

Poor design
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Verde ... it doesn't have to be a Jersey barrier. Washington Blvd. and Route 33 has such a divider, and it's actually very attractive with the landscaping. Something along those lines wouldn't be an eyesore and would prevent the illegal left turns.

Let's hope they post an officer there whenever time allows, because I notice that the problem seems worse on weekends during high volume (dinner) times for the restaurants in the TC shops.

motorcrosswalk
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

What are the chances that the same people complaining about lowering the speed on 526 are the same people saying how dangerous it is to cross in the middle of 526 near Poseiden. Thank goodness there are no crosswalks between 33 and Old Trenton....

Tried the crosswalk once. If I can't park in the main lot, no way I'm sprinting my family across that road.

TrafficSurveys
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 09:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I started the thread about the traffic surveys on 526; I'm not complaining about the speed limit near the businesses; it's at a reasonable 35 MPH. It increases as you head north on 526.

safety
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I haven't made a single complaint about lowering the speed on 526! Don't assume.

dfgh
Unregistered User
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 05:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

The crosswalk doesn't work because there is no sequence in the traffic light program where it is safe to cross.

safety
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 08:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

dfgh - i've been watching the traffic, and I was wondering, if you push the button to walk, does it actually stop all traffic briefly to allow the peds to cross?

If this is NOT the case, then I think we have a completely different problem. Someone is going to get injured and guess who is going to be blamed/financially responsible? The town, for creating the hazardous situation!

I also saw two fools make the illegal left yesterday. I've noticed a ton of police presence over the last few days, but none when this was taking place.

needs_to_ be_fixed
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 11:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

The other night it was raining and dark (hence the night part) and I turned right onto 526 from 33 and it was VERY VERY hard to see the person crossing the street. It scared the poop out of me when I realized I could have killed them.

I agree; this is a poor spot without better protection for the people crossing; not sure what can be done but its an accident waiting to happen

Just Needs Tweaking
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I passed by the location the other day, and while stopped at the light I looked around to verify that a median strip would eliminate the left turn problem.

If they put in a small median strip from the corner of Route 33, all the way down to the first cross road in TC (past the entrance to the shops/lofts), it would eliminate all illegal left turns ... both those into the shops, and those coming OUT of the new parking lot across the street (where they have the farmer's market in the summer). The room to install a median strip is already there. At most, beyond the curbing for the median, it might take relocating some traffic light sensors and re-striping the road.

Those wanting to make a left out of the new lot would be forced to use the second entrance to the lot, and go out on the cross street where a left could be made safely.

Add in a timing option on the light to allow pedestrians to cross, and it would take care all of the issues at the intersection (other than dopes who get in the far left lane on 526 and then want to cut over to Main Street instead of going up the bypass).

No need to post police there if that was done.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration