What does the Lamp & Shade Studio rea... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Living In Mercer County Forums » The Towns of Mercer County » Robbinsville » What does the Lamp & Shade Studio really sell? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dimbulb
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 09:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

OK, so with the insane taxes this town charges, how does that old Lamp and Shade store on 130 next to the fire department stay in business? They've been there forever and it can't be from the amazing amount of business they do. They sell lamps. You're going to tell me they can afford to stay in business with stores like Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart and more just minutes away? What's the deal?

Really?
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

That is all I have to say.

OMFG
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 09:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I'M MOVING... THIS TOWN IS AMAZING! POSSIBLY THE ONLY SUCCESFUL BUSINESS TO OUTLIVE ANY OF YOU!

1950's
Unregistered User
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

http://www.lampandshadestudio.com/about.html

welcome, idiots
Unregistered User
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 12:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

OMFG, I'm with you. I'm getting out. There must be a sign hanging on the border of our town reading "Extremely dumb people with no common sense...welcome!"

shop locally
Unregistered User
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

dimbulb - if everyone looked at local stores like you do, there would be none left.

Unique
Unregistered User
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 12:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

They have beautiful inventory and great service. If you want sonething beautiful and unique for your home you go there, not a chain store.

Townofmental
Unregistered User
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

They do have beautiful lamps. There is no comparison between them and the junk you get at lowes. Can we celebrate when a business does well? Why do you want a business to fail. Sick sick people.

Qaz123
Username: Qaz123

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I needed a specialty bulb and was able to get it quickly and efficiently by patronizing this local business over dealing with the big box store and the traffic mess associated with Market place on a saturday. I miss the Robbinsville Hardware store for the same reason.

Unless dimbulb is intimating that Lamp & Shade is laundering money or some other nefarious activity is going on, I get the poster's point even though it wasn't well said. Think about all the costs of running a business (utilities, rent/mortgage, property taxes, labor) and the profit you can make on each lamp you sell. How many lamps do you need to sell each month to cover your costs and make a decent living?

ooofah
Unregistered User
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

That website is about as ugly as the township's last one.

goodlights
Unregistered User
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Went there a few years ago and picked up two ceiling mounted lights. Great selection, agreed that it's not the 'Generica' line of items you get at Home Depot/Lowes.

While I was in there, I got the feeling that they would be able to handle specialized lighting requests as well - situations that would require something more complex than plugging a lamp into a wall. Perhaps that's their bread & butter; I don't know. Good luck to them in any case.

Simple Minds
Unregistered User
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Just because a business is located in Robbinsville, doesn't mean the business only deals with "Robbinsville" customers. This is a far reaching business... much bigger than the little bubble dimbulb lives in. May we all give thanks we don't cohabitate with dimbulb (aptly named I might add).

Knowsquality
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Completely agree with unique, it is the place to go when you need a quality fixture and want more than the selection home depot and lowes share.

My parents have frequented that place for years, and I plan to continue for years as well. What is WRONG with you dimbulb?

Customer
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I brought two floor lamps there. I love them. Great place to shop.
To bad the parking is in back. I think that hurts their business.

People
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

the person that started this thread probably goes to Home Depot to purchase lights and doesnt know quality from Made in China?

AK
Unregistered User
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Agree with People...
I bought some table lamps from them from an American manufacturer who still makes hand forged iron pieces up in Vermont, I value the quality in that over the cheapo mass produced stuff they sell at the big boxes.
Nice light fixtures are like sculpture for your home and they last forever!

USA
Unregistered User
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I hope dim bulbs job gets exported to china that would give him some perspective on why shopping local and buying American is important.

DaveS
Username: Daves

Post Number: 166
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I purchased two ceiling mounted lights and the quality is not even in the same ball park of HD and LOWES.

Add Your Message Here
Please leave the password field blank as there is no registration required. By posting you agree to follow the "Rules for Use" which can be found on the main forum menu. Enter a username, which can be you real name or a screen name. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration