Widening of Assunpink Creek Bridge @... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Living In Mercer County Forums » The Towns of Mercer County » Robbinsville » Widening of Assunpink Creek Bridge @ 526 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Widening526
Unregistered User
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 08:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

My eagle-eyed wife noticed last week that trees have been marked on the northbound side of 526, on the bridge across the Assumpink creek. (Between Windsor-Edinburg Road, and Robbinsville-Edinburg Road).

I imagine within a few weeks we'll see construction equipment to tear down the trees, and then start the buildout of the new bridge.

It'll be painful for a while when they close the road, but the improvements will be well worth it.

swiss cheese
Unregistered User
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2012 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Is that the one on old Trenton road?

Widening526
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 07:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Yes, that's the one.

Completion?
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 09:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

This is the project that will take until 2013 to complete right?

swiss cheese
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 09:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Good gravy I hope not. I have to travel that swiss cheese bridge every day. They had better not close that chunk of road for that long. It's a little bridge that's falling apart; why would it take that long to replace? It would be great if they widened that chunk of road while they were at it.

Widening526
Unregistered User
Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

This is a pretty decent article on what they're planning to do:

http://www.wwpinfo.com/index.php?option=com_us1more&Itemid=6&key=07-22-2011_brid ge

You will get your wish: "The proposed bridge will contain three 11-foot lanes, two six-foot shoulders, and a six-foot sidewalk on the Mercer County Park side of the road. The parapets of the bridge will be one foot, two inches wide."

Eliot
Unregistered User
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

I like that they are adding a traffic light at the intersection. They've needed one there since forever.

anynews
Unregistered User
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 08:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Admin only

Any news on this? I saw that there were billboards announcing a public hearing a few weeks ago, but haven't seen any activity since, other than the billboards being taken down.

Add Your Message Here
Please leave the password field blank as there is no registration required. By posting you agree to follow the "Rules for Use" which can be found on the main forum menu. Enter a username, which can be you real name or a screen name. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration